The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
Tor Browser lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained (portable).
- First you need to install tor bundle, open terminal and type following command.
apt-get install tor
- Tor Browser Click Here to download and extract.
- Go to directory tor-browser_en-US/Browser and open file start-tor-browser into your favorite text editor.
- Find out the code as given below.
if [ "`id -u`" -eq 0 ]; then complain "The Tor Browser Bundle should not be run as root. Exiting." exit 1 fi
- Replace the above code
#if [ "`id -u`" -eq 0 ]; then #complain "The Tor Browser Bundle should not be run as root. Exiting." #exit 1 #fi
- After that give the permission to tor-browser folder by using the following command, that will not gives any error to start or connect TOR Browser
chown -hR root tor-browser_en-US/
- To run tor browser, open terminal go to the tor browser directory and type
Now you can use tor browser successfully.
Watch Video on Our Youtube Channel